The journey of being a business owner AND a mum is a very special and unique experience.
Adding the many challenges of being a mother to the constant day to day challenges of owning a business and you’ve got the perfect mix of overwhelm and frustration. And more often than not, it can be a very lonely journey.
I know I certainly discovered this to be true when I started my first business during maternity leave with two babies. But thankfully, 12 years ago I became involved with the AusMumpreneur community which opened up a vast network of other mum business owners, all experiencing the exact same issues.
Committed to providing a network of mum business owners, the Ausmumpreneur Conference and Awards were delivered to acknowledge the challenges we face and to allow for connection for sharing knowledge, collaborations, support and lifelong friendships.
Today I get to interview my friend Peace Mitchell, one of the founders of AusMumpreneur and we talk about:
- The importance of a network and community for mums running a business
- The unique challenges that mums do face when running a business and often not being taken seriously enough
- The value of celebrating achievements within our community and why women tend to avoid putting their hands up for recognition
- What the benefits are for business owners in entering for awards and how to maximise the experience.
- How to make the most of attending a conference
- Why like minded conferences can transform your mindset from a ‘at home mum business’ to a multi-million dollar business owner
Listen today as Peace and I discuss the importance of having a community to support your business journey.
Listen now or watch below.
Next, be sure to head to our Rockstar Productpreneur community to ask your #askcatherine questions! I can’t wait to hear them.
Subscribe & Review in Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in Apple Podcasts!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on Apple Podcasts, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Links mentioned in this episode:
Discover all the details of the 2022 Ausmumpreneur Awards & Conference Details
Discover if our Productpreneur Marketing team can help you reach your goals